Friday, March 26, 2010

In the Blink of and Eye - A letter to Alyvia Leigh at 6 months

It seems like it was just yesterday that I met you, held you in my arms and studied your little face for the first time. It seems like just yesterday that we became a family of three.
I can hardly believe that six months of precious moments have already flown by.
You are such a happy baby with a sweet disposition, a real charmer. You are always up for our next outing or adventure and are sure to charm people wherever we go with your bright eyes and big smile. On more than a few occasions people have come up to us in stores and restaurants to tell us what a beautiful girl you are. We definatly agree!
You love Patty Cake, Row Row Row Your Boat, and Giddy Up Horsey and your laugh is the best! I can't help but smile when I hear it. "Tickle Monster" and Peek-a-Boo are sure to get a giggle, as are most things your daddy does. You love when he sings silly made-up songs to you or does his version of the Sweedish Chef voice.

You are a very inquisitive baby always looking around and following people as the enter and exit the room. You are mesmerized by your toes and reach for everything from the TV remote to Nonni's glasses. You are particularly interested in cups and have nearly spilled a few . You put whatever you get a hold of in your mouth and make very dramatic sucking noises. You can just about sit on your own and have got rolling over (from your back to your belly) down. You still aren't sure about getting back over, but are working at it every day and making progress. You push up on your elbows, but can't quite figure out how to get your knees underneath you. This doesn't really stop you though, as you always manage to scoot, reach and rotate until you reach what you desire.

You are facinated with our puppies, Roma and Marciello. Always looking for them, watching them and reaching for them. Roma is very protective of you and Marciello regularly lets you pet him and shows no concern when you tug his ear a little too hard.

You are quite the conversationalist making a variety of noises all of the time. You blow raspberries and say 'ooh'and 'gah'. You have started to make very dramatic noises when you yawn and have learned to squeal. You know that this gets everyones attention and are quick to open your eyes wide and smile when they look in your direction.
A cat nap here and there seems to get you through most days and you go to bed around 9 or 9:30 nightly and sleep through the night. I can almost be guaranteed to find you turned in a different direction from where you started when I come to get you in the morning. I can also be guaranteed to be greeted with a smile. I can see you recognize me and love seeing the smile spread across your face. What a great way to start the day.

You have a great appetite and now eat cereal, oatmeal, apples (plain and with cinnamon), pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, root veggie trio (sweet taters, carrots and parsnips), avacado, peas and plums. You aren't such a fan of bananas. I love seeing you experience new flavors and textures in your food. You always carefully consider the first bite then open wide, like a baby bird, for more. Some times you grab the spoon and try to help or dive eagerly at the spoon if I am not fast enough.

You are such a blessing and a joy. I am so glad that I am your mommy and I look forward to watching you grow and helping you along the way. There are so many things I can't wait to show you, teach you, and share with you, but for now I will wait and enjoy you as you are my sweet little Lyvi Bug, becaues time is flying by so fast and I don't want to miss a moment.


All my love,

Mommy

No comments: