Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This, That, and The Other

Life in the Land of Douglas has been very busy as of late, not leaving much time for blog updating. I have managed to steal away a few precious naptime moments for a quick update.  Last summer I was working, working, working and Chris was...well, I'm not entirly sure what Chris was doing.  I know he did some housework, and talked to the dogs, and I'm pretty sure he watched a lot of Law & Order and NCIS and just generally revealed in the goodness that is summer vacation...Ah, how times have changed.  This summer we are busy with the LyviBug and much more and it seems that summer is flying by at breakneck speeds.  Chris has spent quite a bit of time at school trying to organize a new classroom.  You see, the district approved his proposal for a ceramics program and now the work begins to prep the clay room and organize the massive amount of supplies, molds, etc. He has also found time to build a 60ft ship and paint an ocean back drop in the sanctuary of Tree of Life Lutheran Church for our recent VBS. 

Whew!  I'm tired just thinking about it. 

We celebrated Chris' first Father's Day (on Saturday) with a trip to Cannion's Farmers Market and fajitas at my parent's house. 

Went to church on Sunday morning and kicked off VBS on Sunday night. I was a crew leader for VBS and spent the week herding/chasing 13 K-1st grade kiddos through a "High Seas Voyage" of Bible Stories, Crafts and Songs (lots and lots of songs...that I am still singing on repeat) Chris stood in for me one night and joined in the fun (with Lyvi in tow) for two more.

Some where in the midst of all this craziness fun I found time to study for my teacher certification exam (EC -6 (191)) which I took on June 26.  I think it went pretty well, but won't have my actual scores for another 3 weeks.  Now the job hunt begins. Prayers, good vibes, etc are welcome and appreciated greatly!

Throw in time with Lyvi (at home and in the pool) and fun with friends and that pretty much covers our Summer so far. Lots to look forward to in the coming weeks!

No comments: