Friday, July 30, 2010

Ketsup, Catch Up and General Updatyness

This whole blogging thing is a lot harder than I thought. I mean the writing part isn't tough, it's the finding time to write that is.  I really want this to serve as a record of how our little family has grown, the things we have done & seen and the memories we make...and to do that I need to keep up with the documenting. Let's get on with the documenting (and a little catch up).

 Lyvi is all over the place. She is crawling, pulling up, trying to walk and just generally into everything. As a result Chris & I are all over the place, chasing her (which she thinks is great fun), baby proofing and playing, playing, playing. By the time she goes to bed, we are beat.

She stayed with my parent's the 15 - 17th so Chris and I could make a quick trip to Austin.  Actually so Chris could attend a Teaching Conference and I could tag-a-long and play all weekend with one of my bestest friends. It was great to have a little break, sleep a little late, wear dangly earings, eat and uninterupted meal, and lounge by the pool...but it was just as great to get home to my little girl.  The look on her face when she saw me for the first time just melted my heart.  Gosh, I love that little girl!

On the 18th we added a handsome little man to the family...a handsome four-legged man,  As we were headed home after playing in The Woodlands (and celebrating my daddy's birthday) Baby Sister texted me that a friend of hers was looking for a home for his Boston Terrier puppy and asked if I thought Dr. Sister would want him. I called to get some more details about the dog, and before I knew it Chris was saying that we could have him. (Mind you that if it was any other breed this would not have been an option - we are Boston Terrier People) After some calling and texting and driving around we met the friend in Conroe and picked up the puppy, took him home, and named him Carmine.

He fits right in, loves Lyvi and plays with Marciello with out missing a beat.
Can't ask for much more than that.

On the 23rd we hired a babysitter for the first time and ventured into town to celebrate of 5 year wedding anniversary over a quiet dinner. Lyvi did great with the sitter and we had a low key dinner at Salt Grass (Thanks to my parents for the gift card). For the sake of tradition we had our annual anniversary pizza on Sunday afternoon (Cheesecake Factory instead of Pizza Hut this year).

On Saturday we hung out with my parents and took Lyvi to Target for an improptu photo session. She was less than cooperative and spent most of the session looking at the photographer like he had 2 heads. We did manage to get a few good shots though.

This week has been spent entertaining Lyvi, cleaning/organizing and searching for a JOB. I passed my generalist EC-6 exam so I am now considered highly qualified to teach...now to find a school that feels the same way.  Hopefully this weekend will be filled with time with friends, some productivity, some relaxation and lots of fun memories.

No comments: