Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Making God Laugh...

They say if you want to make God laugh, you should tell him your plan. I can say with a great deal of certainty that he is getting a good chuckle out of my life right now.

I am a planner by nature....always have been, probably always will be.  I make notes, I make list, I pour over the details, I establish a clear Plan A and Plan B.  Before Lyvi was born I planned all the things I would do as a stay-at-home mommy.  Reality made it pretty clear that I was overly ambitious.  We eventually settled in to a nice routine and I gave up on crafting and housework and just focused on enjoying the moments and memories with my sweet baby girl.  Last Sunday I planned to go to church.  We were all up and dressed and ready to go; nap time beckoned Lyvi, a melt down ensued, and we stayed home. I am getting use to my plans changing at a moments notice, but it doesn't stop me from my elaborate plans.  When the time came to discuss going back to work, I had a plan for that too.  Alternative Teaching Program - Teaching Job - PPR Test in December - Teaching Certificate - BING! BANG! BOOM! There is just one little hitch - no one has hired me :( So for now I will continue to work on the online portion of my alt. cert training while substitute teaching and hoping a teaching job or something else pops out of the woodwork at the appropriate time. I'm also going to try to tackle the aforementioned stay-at-home mommy list, maybe a few entrepreneurial endeavors (more on those later) and I just might squeeze in some me time.

So I guess you could say that for now the plan is to just see where life takes me and leave the planning to a greater power.

No comments: