Wednesday, April 13, 2011

34 Weeks

6 weeks to our due date! More likely 4 weeks until her arrival!
You know, when I look at these belly pictures each week (or when I look in the mirror) I am struck by how big my belly looks...then when I look at other pregnant women (there seems to be a bunch around) I am struck by how tiny I look by comparison. Funny how everyone carries differently. Big or not my this week I have felt the overwhelming sensation of "heaviness" in my belly.  Not sure that's very clear, but not sure I can explain it any other way.

Sadie should be about 4 3/4 lbs (think average canteloupe) and around 18 inches long. She is plumping up and her central nervous system and lungs are maturing.  She has been working her lungs with regular rounds of hiccups...typically around 6am. I love watching my belly bump each time she hiccups.  These days her movements are much more visable. You can regularly see my tummy shift from side to side as she rolls around or if you are watching closely you may catch a glimpse of baby foot or elbow as she jabs at me.

In addition to 3rd trimester tired I have been battling nasty allergy/cold symptoms. In fact I was so sick on Monday night that my sweet hubby took Tuesday off to watch Lyvi and take care of me.  (It's the least he could do after saying I looked worse than 'hammered dog meat') It's amazing what sleep and regular tylenol can cure.  I'm feeling much better today and hope that it stays that way.  We have a busy few weeks ahead of us, trying to finish up preparations for Sadie's arrival.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every time I see a picture of you I think how cute and tiny you look :)