Thursday, April 21, 2011

Where my peeps at?

Let's pretrend that I posted this several weeks ago (when I actually made these goodies) instead of a few days before Easter. You could always file the idea away until next Easter or at least until the next Peep-laden holiday. Which I believe is The 4th of July…these would be soooo cute for 4th of July! Anyway…When these popped up on my Google Reader (don't recall where exactly) I new I had to whip some up…and when I locked my keys in the car (and myself out of my apartment) and my neighbors came to my rescue, I had the perfect excuse to craft/cook these up as ‘Thank You’ Gifts.



Peep S’mores in a Jar

Ingredients
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (equivalent to 1 sleeve)
8 - 12 peeps
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 ¼ cup M&Ms (or chocolate chips)

Assembly
1. Place graham cracker crumbs into quart-sized canning jar. Use a meat tenderizer to pack crumbs tightly into the bottom of the jar.
2. Place Peeps candies against the glass on all sides of the canning jar. Press lightly to create a well in the center of the jar.
3. Add brown sugar to the space in the center of the Peeps, pressing gently to pack.
4. Gently add chocolate chips or M&Ms to the top of the canning jar. Seal jar with lid and sealer ring.
5. Embellish jar with fabric circle, ribbon or raffia.

Recipe1. Pour contents of jar into mixing bowl. Using scissors or kitchen sheers snip Peeps into smaller pieces.
2. Combine dry ingredients with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
3. Press mixture into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350˚for 15 minutes.
4. Let cool completely and cut into bars

So cute! So easy! I’m sure these will be created again and again for various holidays!

No comments: