Sunday, June 5, 2011

1 Month

2,592,000 seconds


= 43,200 minutes


= 720 hours


= 30 days


= 1 month


= Sadie's age. Can it really be that Sadie is 1 month old today? Somehow it feels like just yesterday that we found out I was pregnant and like she has always been a part of our family all at the same time (It's hard to explain). Just like it's hard to explain how my heart has grown since having her. I never imagined that I could love someone as much as I love Alyvia and yet I love Sadie just as much.

I marvel everyday at how 'different' Sadie is.  I'm not sure why I expected her to be just like Lyvi, but I did....and she's not.  She has bright blue eyes (that I'm thinking will stay that way), fair skin, and although her hair is darkish her eyebrows and eyelashes are strawberry blonde. I already see Chris in her little face and in many of her expressions. She is very laid back, which I think can be credited to her demeanor, as much as to the fact that Chris and I are not as nervous or wound nearly as tightly as we were when we brought Alyvia home (babies really do feed off of the emotions around them). She is nonplussed by Alyvia's squeals and doesn't seem to mind all of the kisses, hugs and pats from Big Sister.

So far she is an excells at eating (weighing in at 6 lbs 13 ounces as of last Tuesday) and is a good sleeper (*Knock on Wood*), so much so that Chris and I actually feel pretty rested most days and at first were concerned that we were not walking around in the 'zombie like state' we found ourselves in shortly after bringing Alyvia home. During the day she is very bright eyed and alert, content most days to sit in her bouncer or swing taking it all in. She does doze between feedings but not for long. She prefers to be cradled when held and already seems to smile (especially in her sleep). She's not much of a crier, instead she vocalizes via grunts and growls - I find this pretty entertaining except for during the wee hours of the morning.

I look forward to watching Sweet Sadie grow...I just hope it doesn't go too fast.

No comments: